Read the dialogue:
- Why are the people in this painting wearing red jackets?
- Oh, in those days, people used to go hunting and those are the clothes they wore.
- What did they hunt?
- Foxes. In the past fox-hunting was a popular sport, but the hunts themselves were social occasions, too.
- Really? You mean that’s what people did for fun?
- Yes, but not only that. They used to go for walks and had picnics by the rivers.
- That sounds quite boring, though.
- Perhaps to you, because you’re used to play on your computer or rollerblading in the park.
- Yeah. I’m glad. I wasn’t around then.
Fill in the gaps:
1. In the past was a popular sport, but the hunts themselves were social occasions, too.
2. That sounds quite , though.
3. Perhaps to you, because you’re used to play on your computer or in the park.
Virginia Evans, Neil O'Sullivan Click on 2. - Newbury: Express Publishing, 166c.