Put the verbs in the brackets into the past perfect or past simple. Choose the correct answer.
1) I enjoyed my cousin's wedding, but I (go) ____ home soon.
2) The exercises were very difficult, nobody (know) ____ what to do with them.
3) I bought a new car because some thieves (steal) ____ my old one.
4) What were you doing when your father (come) ____?
5) The doctor examined her leg and (find) ____ that she had broken it.
6) She left the house after she (finish) ____ breakfast.
7) When I saw her I knew we (never meet) ____ before.
8) He (spend) ____ three years in Tahiti when he was a child.